(The Return of) Ignatz, by Sam Heldman

Thursday, March 24, 2005

ways in which I am different from Bob Dylan
I am different from Bob Dylan.

If I were like Bob Dylan in having (a) an unquenchable desire to tour constantly, (b) money enough to keep great musicians well-paid all year round, to practice more songs for our repertoire during those months we weren't playing, (c) hundreds of recorded songs as well as encyclopedic knowledge of the American music tradition, and (d) fans in whose eyes I could do no wrong, I would still be different from Bob Dylan.

That is, I would play different songs every night. I would certainly not play 5 of the same songs nearly every night of the 13 dates so far this tour, nor would I play some songs two and three hundred times in concert during the last four years.

This is better than talking about Schiavo.

posted by sam 3:45 PM 2 comments

2 Comments:

A "Lot" Better Than Talking About The Case.

By Blogger Patty Ann Smith, at 3:40 AM  

Oh sure. Ask yourself when you're 98 years old, or whatever he is, whether you feel like mixing it up tonight? He's old, he likes routines.

By Blogger Chris, at 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

 


email: first name@last name dot net