(The Return of) Ignatz, by Sam Heldman

Friday, March 04, 2005

phishing
I get so many emails these days purporting to be from Washington Mutual bank asking me to input my personal data on some website in order to "update" my account -- I'm thinking of doing it, just so that maybe the fraudsters will stop sending me so many emails. I wonder if that will work.

Alternatively, I may embark on a new career as a proofreader for phishing emails. They certainly need one. I wonder where I would apply.

posted by sam 10:49 AM 2 comments

2 Comments:

dcMediaGirl had a similar idea recently. see: http://dcmediagirl.com/index.php?entry=entry20050302-112247

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:50 PM  

i received one of those e-mails as well.

the thing is, to the best of my knowledge and belief, i don't have any account with washington mutual.

suffice it to say the request went unanswered.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

 


email: first name@last name dot net