(The Return of) Ignatz, by Sam Heldman

Monday, February 07, 2005

the problem with blogging
Two recent quotes that sum up the roots of my recurring blogger's-block. First, via (but not written by) M. Yglesias:
Bullshit is unavoidable whenever circumstances require someone to talk without knowing what he is talking about. Thus the production of bullshit is stimulated whenever a person’s obligations or opportunities to speak about some topic are more excessive than his knowledge of the facts that are relevant to that topic.
The second by Atrios:
I hate when I make a mistake. I hate when I get things wrong - it makes me feel like a fool and I feel responsible for making others who might not see the correction look like fools too if they pass it on.
Hence the lack of blogging here about the great issues of the day (Social Security, etc.) in favor of blogging about Jimmy Buffet license plates.

posted by sam 7:35 AM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

 


email: first name@last name dot net