(The Return of) Ignatz, by Sam Heldman

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Scrushy trial
One news item I will be closely following over the next few weeks is the massive accounting-fraud trial of former Healthsouth CEO Richard Scrushy, in which jury selection has just started in federal court in Birmingham. I may post on it, especially since the cast of characters includes two old friends of mine as defense lawyers. I should note, however, that I may be somewhat restrained in my commentary. The reason is that I am currently representing two former Healthsouth executives, who pleaded guilty and cooperated with the government; despite their cooperation, the government has appealed their sentences, claiming that the sentences should have been more severe.

posted by sam 10:21 AM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

 


email: first name@last name dot net