(The Return of) Ignatz, by Sam Heldman

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Plans for the return
So here is what I have in mind, as to how to make this re-blogging fun.

There will be more posts on fun things, than there used to be. In Ignatz version 1, I found myself focusing too much on things that pissed me off. There are, of course, still plenty of such things to discuss. But I will also be amusing myself, and maybe others, by writing about things that alleviate the grumpiness.

Such as Bone, my current favorite thing. It is a comic book, printed over the last decade or so, now reprinted in "graphic novel" format, 9 nice softbound volumes and now available in a beautiful 1-volume-complete edition. The easiest way to describe it is, "a cross between Pogo and Lord of the Rings." Fone Bone is a little cute lumpy naked white thing, who finds himself in a strange valley and soon at the center of a fierce battle between good and evil. Totally awesome -- humor and adventure, suitable for my 4 (almost 5) year old son, but so cool that I had to go ahead and read to the end without him because I couldn't wait. He got Bone action figures for Christmas (Fone Bone even comes with his little copy of Moby Dick, which he loves but which he also uses at crucial moments to put other people quickly to sleep by reading to them). He doesn't know that they were mostly for me.

There will also be posts on law and politics, as before. And here is the Ignatz credo on matters of law and politics, and please remind me if I seem to stray from it. I promise that if I say anything or link to anything, it is (unless I say otherwise) because it seems right to me, with no other unspoken agenda -- in fact, with the most obviously inferrable agenda. This may seem obvious, but some prominent bloggers (none of whom are linked over there -->) like to pretend otherwise. In other words, there is no hiding the ball on Ignatz.

Thank you for coming back.

posted by sam 9:46 AM 5 comments

5 Comments:

testing testing. boy will this be embarrassing if I never get any comments on any posts.

By Blogger sam, at 1:28 PM  

Dude, you need a tip jar!

By Blogger Chris, at 3:46 PM  

I just need somebody to pay attention to me!

By Blogger sam, at 3:52 PM  

Maybe if you stopped watching TV and took out the garbage I'd pay more attention to you.

By Blogger Chris, at 6:47 PM  

Welcome back!

By Blogger Tim W, at 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

 


email: first name@last name dot net