(The Return of) Ignatz, by Sam Heldman

Thursday, June 26, 2003

retirements?
It looks as though I'm the only person who has publicly stopped holding his breath about Supreme Court retirement(s). Notably absent from most news reports is anything like "... and none of the Justices is leaving". Howard Bashman is being just cryptic enough that I wonder if he's heard something that I haven't, but still leaving himself plenty of room not to be wrong. I am tempted to hold my breath again, but I have already proven myself the world's leading expert on Supreme Court predictions (more on that tomorrow, if I get to it) -- so I still say, if anybody's going to retire, he or she should do it within the next 15 minutes or else wait til after the 2004 election.

posted by sam 4:43 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

 


email: first name@last name dot net