(The Return of) Ignatz, by Sam Heldman

Wednesday, May 28, 2003

-
One more thing before I go: Bill Altreuter reports that the New York state court system is instituting a new set of fees for lawsuits, including a $45 fee every time you want to file a motion! I've never run across anything remotely like that; we're all used to paying a filing fee to file a case, or to file an appeal -- but to have to continue to pay money as the case goes along is new to me. I'm not saying that I'm sure that it's a bad idea or unfair (assuming that there is still a way for people to proceed "in forma pauperis" without paying the fees if they don't have enough $). But it strikes me as very odd, and I may decide later today that I'm against it. You never know.

posted by sam 11:08 AM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

 


email: first name@last name dot net