(The Return of) Ignatz, by Sam Heldman

Friday, March 28, 2003

Rittenhouse for Senate
I have often fantasized about running for Congress on a platform of complete honesty and liberalism. Mostly, I wished that somebody like me would run, so that I wouldn't have to. What would happen if there was actually a candidate who spoke like a human being rather than a teleprompter, who said "I don't know" when that was the correct answer, and who shared my basic beliefs and values? I think that he really is serious, and so I note with admiration that fantastic blogger Jim Capozzola is considering running against Arlen Specter. No fooling -- I think that such a candidacy, by a guy with a great mind and a big heart and nothing to hide and nothing to prove would be fantastic for the political discourse even if he didn't win. And I think that there is a not-insubstantial chance that he could create a wave and actually win. I'm in, all the way: Capozzola for Senate.

posted by sam 7:01 AM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

 


email: first name@last name dot net