(The Return of) Ignatz, by Sam Heldman

Monday, February 17, 2003

short pieces
(1) this is fun. (type the letters as they appear, before they zoom across to safety.) UPDATE: don't try to compare your scores to those of friends who may be using different browsers. I found that I could do about 10 times as well in Mozilla as in Safari, because the letters dawdled in Mozilla. I am not an expert in such things, but this might be something of a test of browser speed?

(2) I have a friend who reads Rex Morgan, MD. Really, I do. And she let me know that the good doctor is spending a great deal of time crusading for universal healthcare coverage. This must mean something for electoral politics 2004.

(3) I don't really think (see CalPundit and Yglesias) that President Bush is the slightest bit a "uniter not a divider." I don't think he'll take my good advice. I think he's always more interested in playing tough than in getting things done. But I do think that it would be good for the Senate's Democratic leadership to point this fact out -- to explain that they will be satisfied with treatment as respectful as President Clinton gave to the Senate Republicans, and that President Bush has no mode other than "screw you if you don't agree with me."

posted by sam 2:58 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

 


email: first name@last name dot net