(The Return of) Ignatz, by Sam Heldman

Sunday, January 05, 2003

Occasionally I realize that I tend to underperform miserably at one of the tasks that is apparently central to blogging: the "hey, go read this interesting thing that so-and-so wrote" post. I just assume that most people are reading all of the great blogs linked over there (<-----).

But if you're interested in tricky problems about the nature of democracy, go read what Fritz Schranck is writing about, about who gets to vote in a beach town. If you own part of a time-share, should you get a full vote? A fractional vote? No vote? It's making me wonder ... could I buy a piece of land real cheap in rural Alabama, divide it into fractional interests (say, about a million) and give them away to progressive political activists ...

posted by sam 7:10 AM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

 


email: first name@last name dot net