(The Return of) Ignatz, by Sam Heldman

Tuesday, December 31, 2002

The last post of the year

I thought about ending the year with a final wrap-up as to how somebody of my political bent can still find something to love in Southern culture. But my writing skills aren't up to it right now (ever?). Instead, I recommend that you find yourself a copy of James Alan McPherson's short story collection "Elbow Room", and read the story "Why I Like Country Music." (Amazon's got it; just be sure to click to Amazon through Atrios, please).

And just as I was admitting to myself my utter inability to write something suitable along these lines, and to write anything useful about New Year's, I find that the greatest living Southern traditional fiddler -- who is from New York, such being the nature of these funny times -- has written something to which I can just link instead. Please go check it out (scrolling down to the bottom half of the page for the "Opinion and Resolutions") and then buy his records, which will improve your life more than this blog ever could.

posted by sam 4:08 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

 


email: first name@last name dot net