(The Return of) Ignatz, by Sam Heldman

Thursday, November 28, 2002

Happy Thanksgiving. Supreme Court predictions for next week will start tomorrow. I would have started today, but for three reasons: (1) my prediction is that in Monday's two cases, Indian tribes are going to get hosed, and I'd rather focus today on the positive side of Thanksgiving; (2) I've got to spend the morning breaking down cardboard boxes instead; and (3) whatever time is not spent breaking down cardboard boxes, and eating with friends and family, will be spent in re-inventing my recipe for oyster dressing. My game with myself is that I never write down the recipe. It includes ____ jars of oysters (drained and chopped up into big pieces), _____ crackers (crumbled), ____ onions (caramelized), ____ butter and half-and-half to get it juicy in the pyrex pan, and salt and pepper and ______. Then I cook it for ______ at ______ degrees until it looks good. Each time I make it, I require myself to fill in the blanks. It's never been bad so far.

posted by sam 7:28 AM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

 


email: first name@last name dot net