(The Return of) Ignatz, by Sam Heldman

Thursday, November 14, 2002

education

I hope that the Nation's educators are developing plans to teach this generation of kids the vital skill of Boolean or simpler-than-Boolean text-based searching. I am not making a joke. Those of us who use LEXIS/Westlaw have known this skill for years. And as Google becomes the great library in the sky, this skill will be important to nearly everyone.

I mention this -- and again I am not making a joke, because I think that doing a good boolean search is an interesting art/science, and one that can be taught -- because I find through my referrer thingy that I am site number 6 in the whole wide world for someone searching on the following:

pictures of mr bean doing funny things for downloading

posted by sam 6:55 AM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

 


email: first name@last name dot net