(The Return of) Ignatz, by Sam Heldman

Tuesday, October 15, 2002

Today brings the Supreme Court's first decision of the October 2002 Term. The Court dismissed Ford Motor Co. v. McCauley, the case that I'd discussed here among other places. By "dismissing as improvidently granted," the Court said in effect "oops. never mind. we're not going to decide this case."

The Supreme Court's order this morning has already been mentioned, naturally, by Howard Bashman and Tom Goldstein. "First with the scoop" is not my market niche. What is my market niche? Not quite sure. I'm disappointed in the Court's ruling, because I think that the various questions of jurisdiction that were presented by the case were important-enough-to-decide rather than too-messy-to-decide-right-now. But they didn't ask me. So I'll chalk this one up as neither a win nor a loss in my predictions game (I get to make up the rules, after all).

posted by sam 12:31 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

 


email: first name@last name dot net