(The Return of) Ignatz, by Sam Heldman

Sunday, October 13, 2002

Mark Kleiman has responded well to a silly post by Jane Galt re the docks and Taft-Hartley. This shows you the difference between ideological lawyers (like me) and wise professors (like Mark) -- he kept his cool, and addressed the situation with a combination of socratic dialogue and humor. I, by contrast, have the almost uncontrollable urge to pick her post apart with angry advocacy, showing that Ms. Galt does not correctly understand -- or does understand, but is choosing not to correctly describe -- the fundamental principles as to what power the NLRA (Wagner Act) gives to unions and their members. [Note: I just wrote and posted several more sentences after this, of the sort of angry advocacy that Ms. Galt's post brought out in me. Now I've erased it -- not because there was anything incorrect in my refutation-as-drafted (there wasn't; trust me, or get yourself a basic Labor Law textbook, or send me an email if you really want to know) -- but because it's Sunday night, and I'd rather relax than get in an argument with a person I've never met.]

posted by sam 8:19 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

 


email: first name@last name dot net