(The Return of) Ignatz, by Sam Heldman

Wednesday, October 23, 2002

Blogging about blogging about blogging I try to avoid blogging about blogging these days -- for instance, writing (or even thinking) about whether Instapundit is sillier than Andrew Sullivan or vice versa. But I will, in this post, blog about blogging about blogging, only long enough to say that I don't read Little Green Footballs (because the few times I went I was immediately turned off by the mob mentality) and don't know a thing about Anil Dash, but this piece by him (link via Atrios) is worth reading and I agree with most of what he says. I try to avoid engaging with the folks who call themselves "warbloggers", "anti-idiotarians," and "_______-pundits", because I get my fill of pointless verbal combat through the practice of law, thank you. Sometimes, on some days, I wish that I was more like Billy Bragg, who mentioned yesterday at the AFL-CIO that he'd spent part of the day having a phone conversation with a fan who worked at the IMF, in which they argued about globalization economics; Billy Bragg apparently has endless energy to debate, and a faith that people can be convinced by a good argument. Most days, I have neither the energy nor the faith. Thank goodness, though, for the writers in the column over there (<----) who do.

posted by sam 11:21 AM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

 


email: first name@last name dot net