(The Return of) Ignatz, by Sam Heldman

Friday, September 13, 2002

The Times has an enjoyable article today about a web link from the State Department's site to the Republican National Committee. This reminded me -- though I will say at the outset that what I'm about to tell you is probably not illegal I suppose, but is somewhat appalling if you think like I do -- of the "other links" page at the official site of Alabama's Attorney General. Scroll down to the area listing sites where you can learn about "public policy on the web," and here (as of today) is the full list:

The American Center for Law & Justice
The American Center for Law & Justice for Alabama
The American Enterprise Institute
American Legislative Exchange Council
The Heritage Foundation
The Federalist Society
Family Research Council
Institute for Justice
Justice Fellowship
National Rifle Association
National Right to Life
Of the People
The Rutherford Institute
Washington Legal Foundation

I hope that if I were the AG (which I won't ever be, of course, so no need to point it out with glee) I would have the sense not to put up a mirror-image list of groups that I like, but would instead have either no list at all or a list that at least aimed at something like balance.

So towards that end, I have submitted to the AG's webmaster (using the form provided on the site) a few mainstream liberal groups for balancing-linkage: AFL-CIO, People for the American Way, the Human Rights Campaign, the ACLU, Trial Lawyers for Public Justice, and NARAL. I eagerly await their addition to the page.

posted by sam 2:19 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

 


email: first name@last name dot net