(The Return of) Ignatz, by Sam Heldman

Friday, September 06, 2002

Instead of finishing my brief, I have decided to change the name of the blog, to "Wolves Howling." It somehow seems to fit my mood today. The url, as you can see, remains the same. To those few wonderful bloggers who have links to me in their lists, I say, don't bother to change the reference unless you like the new name as much as I do. And, since you ask, the phrase is the name of a fiddle-tune recorded by the Stripling Bros., who were Alabama's premier recording artists in the "hillbilly" genre in the 78 rpm era. It's a really cool recording. I'll even send you an mp3 of it if you want, if the nice guy in Vermont who made the 78-to-mp3 transfer says he doesn't mind. By the way, I don't usually traffic in mp3s, but it's my understanding that sound recordings of that era weren't covered by federal copyright law, so the whole Eldred thing is irrelevant to old sound recordings of public domain tunes, and I don't know of any state's law that applies so as to limit the copying of them. If anybody knows different, please advise.
UPDATE: Wait, that won't do at all. Too close to The Daily Howler. This sort of serious decision should never be made as an excuse to take a break from work; it requires sustained thought.

posted by sam 3:01 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

 


email: first name@last name dot net