(The Return of) Ignatz, by Sam Heldman

Tuesday, August 13, 2002

An answer, in advance, to my anonymous AOL correspondents Yes, of course Howard has a right to link to whomever he pleases. Yes, I know that her book sells lots of copies, and that some millions of people agree with her on some points. But it's been quite well established, on various blogs, that a vast number of her so-called "facts" are not facts at all. And her rhetoric is often quite hateful. Not to mention that she's at the far-right-wing, and I'm not. So it's my right not to like her, and it's further my right to believe (as I do) that she represents the exact opposite of what every good appellate lawyer -- whatever his or her politics -- should admire and strive for, which is (a) scrupulous honesty with the facts; and (b) collegiality towards one's opponents. So yes, I think that the link to her was Appalling.

posted by sam 5:08 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

 


email: first name@last name dot net