(The Return of) Ignatz, by Sam Heldman

Monday, July 29, 2002

One more post, and then I swear I'll get off of it Back to the med-mal caps just for a second. Sasha doesn't think much of (and, by the way, thanks to the bloggers who taught me how to link to specific posts) my half-baked theory that the Tenth Amendment bars federal micromanagement of state tort suits, even where the Congress could preempt the field entirely. Not quite on topic -- but close enough that it bears watching -- is this case from the Washington Supreme Court, on which the U.S. Supreme Court has granted cert., holding that the Congress exceeded its constitutional powers by purporting to bar the use of certain documents in state court trials. The U.S. Supreme Court will probably reverse, I suppose, but they're not always right, you know.

posted by sam 11:21 AM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

 


email: first name@last name dot net