(The Return of) Ignatz, by Sam Heldman

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Gogol Bordello
How often have you said to yourself, "The thing that would make my life complete would be if I could find a band that sounds like an Eastern European version of the Pogues"?

A friend of mine who has seen every band, ever, told me that one of the best live shows he had ever seen was Gogol Bordello. Unfortunately, every time they have come to DC since then, my alter ego of Asthma Boy has taken over, so I haven't been able to confirm. But yesterday I downloaded from EMusic a live show. And it is wicked awesome.

posted by sam 2:56 PM 4 comments

4 Comments:

Yea, they're great live. Seen them twice, though sadly I'll be away the day they show up in philly for the spring tour.

By Blogger Atrios, at 4:54 PM  

If you guys like Gogol Bordello, you should check out Motion Trio --

By Blogger nolo, at 3:52 PM  

don't know gogol bordello very well, but lots of people who like the world/inferno friendship society are also really into gogol, so, if you haven't, you should check w/i out. They're usually described as a cross between punk music, circus music, and klezmer. Good stuff. Also, an awesome live show.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:34 AM  

thanks for the recommendations -- will check them out.

By Blogger sam, at 7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

 


email: first name@last name dot net