(The Return of) Ignatz, by Sam Heldman

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

I admit it, maybe I'm a sucker
Why in the world would I think that a celebrity would make a good Governor, given Ronald Reagan, Sonny Bono, Jesse Ventura, and Arnold?

Why in the world would I think that somebody would make a good Governor whose platform is notably devoid of specifics on most of the main political issues of the era, who has so far said little if anything about economic justice, and who lists as one of his goals the end of "political correctness"?

Why in the world would I think that somebody would make a good Governor when he has nice things to say about George Bush?

Maybe I'm a sucker, but I'd vote for Kinky Friedman for Governor of Texas. Anybody who loves animals that much, and even seems to care about people, can't be too bad, can he?

posted by sam 2:22 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

 


email: first name@last name dot net